When do I consider Endoscopic Spine Surgery in India?
Spine Surgery in India can be considered if-
- Back pain has been bothering you for a long time
- Stretching, yoga, medication, physical therapy and all other non-surgical treatments have failed.
- Due to weakness or numbness in your arms and legs, you are unable to do anything.
- You are having difficulty in walking or using your hands in any work.
- You have lost bladder or bowel control because of a problem with the nerves in your back.
What exactly is Endoscopic Spine Surgery?
Endoscopic discectomy is the most common type of endoscopic treatment of cervical (neck pain) and lumbar disc. It is a minimal invasive surgical treatment done to herniated disc material which causes pain in the lumbar, thoracic and cervical area. Back and legs are a part of the lumbar disc, mid back is thoracic and neck and arms fall under the cervical disc.
Endoscopic surgery is an effective and the least invasive surgery technique for the spine. There is no need to remove any part of the spine or muscles to treat the affected discs. As an endoscopic camera is being used to see the spine, large cuts are not needed. Thus, endoscopic surgery is a safe option for treating spinal ailments and the procedure usually takes only around 30 minutes. The patient is usually discharged after 2-3 hours of the surgery. Dr Sumit Sinha is one of best endoscopic spine surgeon in india.
Process of Endoscopic Spine Surgery in India
The patient is taken to the surgery room and the surgeon gives anaesthesia to the patient, so that they remain comfortable throughout the treatment. The surgeon inserts a metal tube in the spine to see inside. This tube also acts as a passage for the surgical tools, which minimizes the cuts in the muscles. With the help of direct visualization and X-ray fluoroscopy, the problematic disc is taken out with a grasper. A small disc bulge or annular tear is treated with the laser which destroys nerve pain, vaporizes disc material and stiffens the discs to prevent further leakage. Lastly, the tube is removed and the cut is closed with stitches.
Why Spine Surgery in India is desirable?
- Minimally invasive – The small cuts enable the surgery with minimal scars.
- More success rate – The success rates of endoscopic surgeries in India are higher compared to traditional surgical procedures and Dr. sumit sinha is one of the best endoscopic spine surgeon in india
- Early recovery – The patient recovers in a much shorter time.
- Lesser blood loss – There is minimal loss of blood during the procedure.
- No hospitalization required – The surgery is a day care procedure and the patient is typically discharged after 2-3 hours of the surgery.
- Cost effective- The Endoscopic Spine Surgery cost in India is comparatively very less than any other country.
- Finest surgeons- Dr. Sumit Sinha is one of the Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in India.
The recovery process in Endoscopic Spine Surgerybest endoscopic spine surgeon in india, endoscopic spine surgery cost india
After the endoscopic spine surgery, it is normal to face some amount of pain and stiffness in your back. However, a majority of patients are comforted with reduction of back pain post surgery. One needs to be patient as the healing and smooth functioning of your back can take up to two years. Numbness and tingling can be the slowest to be sorted out. For pain management, initially you need to take pain relieving medicines. This will ease the pain to a considerable amount. A laxative or stool softener will fix the problem of constipation, in case it occurs. It is important to ensure that you avoid the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for initial few months. However, you need to continue with the medication prescribed by your physician, especially before starting any physical activities.
Physical Activities after Endoscopic Spine Surgery
As we know dr sumit sinha is one of best endoscopic spine surgeon in india. After the first few days after the surgery is a time to take it easy and get plenty of rest. Gradually start walking for up to half an hour on a daily basis. It is important to keep in mind that you need to avoid the stairs and climbing hills during the initial two weeks post endoscopic spine surgery. Avoid lifting any objects heavier than five pounds as well as activities involving bending or carrying out any repetitive motions. Make sure you do not drive until you get the clear go-ahead from your doctor. When it comes to resting on your bed, you need to keep on changing position every 45 minutes. The muscle cramps like issues can be easily sorted out with the help of regular stretching or medications. So far as returning to your work place or taking up any sports activity is concerned, this would depend on the sports you play. A majority of patients can resume different activities six months post-surgery.
Which ailments can be cured through Endoscopic Spine Surgery in India?
- Ailments in the lumbar region.
- Herniated cervical discs.
- Spinal trauma and pain.
- Prevents iatrogenic trouble and helps in spinal segmental motion and strength.
Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in India
Dr. Sumit Sinha is an accomplished and reputed endoscopic spine surgeon in india. He is one the Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in India and has completed his neurological training from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India. Some of the prominent neurosurgeons with whom he has trained and performed surgeries are – Prof. Hiroshi Sano (Japan), Prof. T. Kanno (Japan), Prof. Louis Vialle (Brazil) and Prof. B. Meyer (Germany). He has been awarded the Young Neurosurgeon Award at The Times of India Achievers Award in 2017. He is a highly experienced doctor in treating one of the most common causes of backache – Slipped (herniated) Disc (both lumbar and cervical disc herniation).
“Slipped (herniated) Disc is an ailment of the back that occurs in the cervical spine (neck) or lumbar spine (lower back) and causes pain in the lower back. Scientific research and latest technologies aim at removal of disc by minimal invasive techniques. As a result, the patient faces minimum complications and can resume work at the earliest.” – Dr. Sumit Sinha.
Dr. Sinha, the Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in India, uses an advanced surgical technique called PELD (Percutaneous Transforaminal Lumbar Discetomy) in the treatment of cervical and lumbar disc surgery. The patient is given local anaesthesia and can comfortably watch his surgery on the TV screen. The friendliness of this Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in India allows the patient to share any abnormal sensation or pain with him during the course of the surgery. This is a hassle free, cosmetic and affordable spine surgery in India. Owing to Dr. Sinha’s stellar reputation, he receives patients from all over the world. The endoscopic spine surgery cost in india much less than any other country.
Advantages of Endoscopic Spine Surgery in India summed up
- The patient can comfortably walk after two hours of the surgery and can go home either the same day or the following day.
- There are only small incisions and minimum scars on the tissue.
- In comparison to open surgery, there is less loss of blood and pain.
- There is minimum damage to the soft tissues and surrounding muscles.
- The spine surgeon is approachable and friendly.
- The chances of infection are rare.
Endoscopic Spine Surgery Cost in India
Affordability and efficiency are the two prime factors to choose Endoscopic Spine Surgery in India. Usually, the spine decompression procedures cost up to $30,000 in developed nations like the USA, while in India it costs around $6000 dollars. This is also much cheaper than other Asian countries like Singapore and Thailand. India is backed with state-of-the-art medical facilities. This results in affordable and high quality healthcare services. The surgeons, healthcare experts and doctors are highly qualified with rich experience in handling different ailments and rendering excellent medical services. The reasonable healthcare services include orthopaedic consultation, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and physiotherapy. Also, you don’t face problems of long waiting hours in India. There are better success rates for the procedures like Endoscopic Spine Surgery in comparison to the success rates of other developed nations.
Endoscopic Spine Surgery Cost in India