Brain Tumor Surgery in India
Endoscopic brain surgery is a minimal invasive brain surgery procedure to treat the brain tumors. The endoscopic removal of brain tumors is done by the surgeons through the patient’s nose or small invasive holes and by doing this they avoid any facials or skulls incisions. Endoscopic brain surgery allows doctor to reach to the areas which are difficult with the usual surgery method. The doctors perform a biopsy test before performing the procedure, so that they can determine the type of tumor and remove it with the surgeries or medications.
Types of Brain Tumors Treatment with Endoscopic Brain surgery?
- Pineal tumor: It is formed in the pineal gland, which is located in the middle of the head. If it is left untreated then it may spread in the spinal cord as well.
- Pituitary tumor: It is an abnormal growth of cells in the pituitary gland. Since, it is not cancerous, it does not spread in the other parts of the body.
- Rathke’s cleft cyst: It is the continuous collection of the fluid in pituitary gland and it may cause hormonal dysfunction, visual impairment or headache.
- Skull based tumor: A skull based tumor is an abnormal growth of the cells in the brain located at the bottom of skull. All skull based tumors are not cancerous but if its left untreated then it may lead to serious damage.
- Ventricular tumor: Ventricular tumors are generally not cancerous tumors located in the ventricles of the brain. the tumor blocks the flow of cerebrospinal fluid and creates a pressure in the skull.
Benefits of Endoscopic Brain Surgery/Treatment?
- Minimally invasive surgery (lesser pain during the process).
- Faster recovery post procedure.
- Lesser stay in hospitals.
Brain Tumor Surgery/Treatment Risks?
- There can be some blood clotting.
- Swelling in the face
- Infections post surgery