What exactly is Endoscopic Spine Surgery?
Endoscopic discectomy is the most common endoscopic treatment of cervical (neck pain) and lumbar disc. It is a minimally invasive surgical treatment done to herniated disc material that causes pain in the lumbar, thoracic and cervical areas. The back and legs are a part of the lumbar disc, mid-back is thoracic, and neck and arms fall under the cervical disc. Endoscopic surgery is an effective and the least invasive surgical technique for the spine. There is no need to remove any part of the spine or muscles to treat the affected discs. As an endoscopic camera is being used to see the spine, significant cuts are unnecessary. Thus, endoscopic surgery is a safe option for treating spinal ailments, and the procedure usually takes around 30 minutes. The patient is usually discharged after 2-3 hours of the surgery. Dr Sumit Sinha is one of the best endoscopic spine surgeon in Gurgaon.
Process of Endoscopic Spine Surgery
The patient is taken to the surgery room, and the surgeon gives anesthesia to the patient so that they remain comfortable throughout the treatment. The surgeon inserts a metal tube in the spine to see inside. This tube also acts as a passage for the surgical tools, minimizing the muscles' cuts. With the help of direct visualization and X-ray fluoroscopy, the hard disc is taken out with a grasper. A slight disc bulge or annular tear is treated with the laser, which destroys nerve pain, vaporizes disc material, and stiffens the discs to prevent further leakage. Lastly, the tube is removed, and the cut is closed with stitches.
When do I consider Endoscopic Spine Surgery in Gurgaon?
Spine Surgery can be considered if-
- Back pain has been bothering you for a long time.
- Stretching, yoga, medication, physical therapy, and other non-surgical treatments have failed.
- Due to weakness or numbness in your arms and legs.
- You are having difficulty walking or using your hands in any work.
- You have lost bladder or bowel control because of a problem with the nerves in your back.
Why is Spine Surgery desirable?
- Minimally invasive – The minor cuts enable the surgery with minimal scars.
- More success rate – The success rates of endoscopic surgeries are higher compared to traditional surgical procedures, and Dr. Sumit Sinha is one of the best endoscopic spine surgeon in Gurgaon.
- Early recovery – The patient recovers in a much shorter time.
- Lesser blood loss – There is minimal loss of blood during the procedure.
- No hospitalization required – The surgery is a daycare procedure, and the patient is typically discharged after 2-3 hours of the surgery.
- Cost-effective- The Endoscopic Spine Surgery Cost in Gurgaon is comparatively less than in any other country.
- Finest surgeons- Dr. Sumit Sinha is one of the Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon.
The recovery process in Endoscopic Spine Surgery
After the endoscopic spine surgery, it is customary to face some pain and stiffness in your back. However, most patients are comforted with the reduction of back pain post-surgery. One needs to be patient as your back's healing, and smooth functioning can take up to two years. Numbness and tingling can be the slowest to be sorted out. For pain management, initially, you need to take pain-relieving medicines. This will ease the pain to a considerable amount. A laxative or stool softener will fix the problem of constipation in case it occurs. It is essential to avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the initial few months. However, you need to continue with the medication prescribed by your physician, especially before starting any physical activities.
Physical Activities after Endoscopic Spine Surgery
As we know, Dr Sumit Sinha is one of the best endoscopic spine surgeon in Gurgaon. After the first few days after the surgery, take it easy and get plenty of rest. Gradually start walking for up to half an hour daily. It is essential to remember that you need to avoid the stairs and climbing hills during the initial two weeks post endoscopic spine surgery. Avoid lifting objects heavier than five pounds and activities involving bending or carrying out any repetitive motions. Make sure you do not drive until you get the clear go-ahead from your doctor. When it comes to rest on your bed, you need to change position every 45 minutes. The muscle cramps-like issues can be quickly sorted out with the help of regular stretching or medications. So far as returning to your workplace or taking up any sports activity is concerned, this would depend on the sports you play. A majority of patients can resume different activities six months post-surgery.
Which ailments can be cured through Endoscopic Spine Surgery?
- Ailments in the lumbar region.
- Herniated cervical discs.
- Spinal trauma and pain.
- It prevents iatrogenic trouble and helps in spinal segmental motion and strength.
Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon
Dr. Sumit Sinha is an accomplished and reputed endoscopic spine surgeon in Gurgaon. He is one of the Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon and has completed his neurological training from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India. Some of the prominent neurosurgeons with whom he has trained and performed surgeries are – Prof. Hiroshi Sano (Japan), Prof. T. Kanno (Japan), Prof. Louis Vialle (Brazil) and Prof. B. Meyer (Germany). He was awarded the Young Neurosurgeon Award at The Times of India Achievers Award in 2017. He is a highly experienced doctor in treating one of the most common causes of backache – Slipped (herniated) Disc (both lumbar and cervical disc herniation).
"Slipped (herniated) disc is an ailment of the back that occurs in the cervical spine (neck) or lumbar spine (lower back) and causes pain in the lower back. Scientific research and the latest technologies aim to remove the disc by minimally invasive techniques. As a result, the patient faces minimum complications and can resume work at the earliest." – Dr. Sumit Sinha.
Dr. Sinha, the Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon, uses an advanced surgical technique called PELD (Percutaneous Transforaminal Lumbar Discectomy) to treat cervical and lumbar disc surgery. The patient is given local anesthesia and can comfortably watch his surgery on the TV screen. The friendliness of this Best Endoscopic Spine Surgeon in allows the patient to share any abnormal sensation or pain with him during the surgery. This is a hassle-free, cosmetic, and affordable spine surgery in Gurgaon. Owing to Dr. Sinha's stellar reputation, he receives patients from all over the world. The endoscopic spine surgery cost in india is much less than in any other country.
Advantages of Endoscopic Spine Surgery summed up.
- The patient can comfortably walk after two hours of the surgery and go home either the same day or the following day.
- There are only small incisions and minimum scars on the tissue.
- In comparison to open surgery, there is less blood loss and pain.
- There is minimal damage to the soft tissues and surrounding muscles.
- The spine surgeon is approachable and friendly.
- The chances of infection are rare.
Endoscopic Spine Surgery Cost
Affordability and efficiency are the two prime factors to choose Endoscopic Spine Surgery in Gurgaon, India. Usually, spine decompression procedures cost up to $30,000 in developed nations like the USA, while spine surgery cost in Gurgaon, India is around $6000. This is also much cheaper than other Asian countries like Singapore and Thailand. India is backed with state-of-the-art medical facilities. This results in affordable and high-quality healthcare services. The surgeons, healthcare experts, and doctors are highly qualified with rich experience handling different ailments and rendering excellent medical services. The affordable healthcare services include orthopedic consultation, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and physiotherapy. Also, you don't face problems of long waiting hours in India. There are better success rates for the procedures like Endoscopic Spine Surgery than the success rates of other developed nations.
Endoscopic Spine Surgery Cost in India