Pediatric Neurosurgery in Gurgaon
Pediatric neurosurgery is a surgical procedure related to the brain, nervous system and spinal cord of children suffering from neurological issues. It is a sub-speciality of neurosurgery. The anatomy and physiology of children are different from adults.
The pediatric neurosurgery is for the following:
- Pediatric brain and spinal cord tumors: This surgery removes the abnormal growth of the cells in the brain and spinal cord.
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs): When arteries and veins do not connect, this neurosurgery is performed to treat the same.
- Hydrocephalus and brain cysts: Hydrocephalus is found in children due to tumor, genetics or prematurity. This surgery is done to remove these tumors.
- Craniosynostosis: It causes problems in the normal growth of the brain and skull of babies. Pediatric neurosurgery is performed to treat craniosynostosis.
- To treat the birth defects in the brain and spine of children, which are spinal lipomas, encephaloceles, myelomeningocele, tethered spinal cord etc.
- Epilepsy surgery: Epilepsy surgery is done to remove the area of your brain to eliminate seizures.
- Functional neurosurgery: Functional neurosurgery is done to restore the neurological condition and function.
- Neurosurgical trauma: Neurosurgery performed over the traumatic injury.
- Cerebral aneurysm, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, dystonia etc.