Vascular Neurosurgery Symptoms, Treatment & Cost in Gurgaon
Neurovascular disease is known as a dangerous disorder where the blood vessel of the brain and spine gets affected. Any obstruction in the arteries can lead to neurovascular disease. Symptoms of Neurovascular diseases include the narrowing of the arteries, which reduces the flow of blood to the brain and eventually increases the chances of stroke. Blood circulates within the whole body through the arteries and veins. Arteries are the leading carriers of oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the entire body, and the veins bring blood back to the heart. Aside from this, neurovascular diseases may weaken your arteries and lead to brain aneurysms and other symptoms, which may increase the risk of a stroke. This disease is most commonly treated with vascular neurosurgery and medications.
Symptoms of Neurovascular Diseases
The neurovascular symptoms of diseases depend on the condition or abnormality. There are chances that some neurovascular symptoms do not show or have any symptoms. The symptoms of neurovascular diseases usually start suddenly, such as:
- Numbness (the muscle get weakens at one side of the body).
- Motor problems (it includes problems with the grasping of the objects and walking).
- Trouble in speaking or understanding speech.
- Issues with the vision, such as vision loss or visually impaired
- Hearing problems.
- Difficulty with balancing and coordination.
- Low feeling for the sensations in the body.
- Seizures, Vomiting, Behavioral changes.
Conditions of Vascular Neurosurgery
- Arteriovenous malformations: Arteriovenous malformations are a tangle of the abnormal blood vessels which connect the arteries and veins in the brain; it obstructs the normal flow of blood and oxygen. Arteries are the leading carriers of oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the whole body, and the veins bring oxygen-depleted blood back to the heart. If arteriovenous malformation happens in the brain, then it may cause brain bleeding, stroke, brain damage and possibly death.
- Brain Aneurysms: A brain aneurysm is a bulge in the vessel wall of the artery in the brain. It may lead to leaking or bleeding in the brain. A brain aneurysm usually occurs in the space between the brain and thin tissues, which covers a part of the brain. It can cause you a brain haemorrhage or stroke.
- Carotid artery stenosis is a progressive narrowing of the carotid arteries; these are the two major arteries that act as a carrier for the oxygen-rich blood to travel from the heart to the brain. A condition where the plaque deposits in the artery and obstructs blood flow to the brain is known as atherosclerosis. Stenosis can worsen with time, block the arteries entirely, and lead to stroke.
- Arteriovenous fistula : Arteriovenous fistula is an abnormal connection between an artery and a vein. Usually, the blood carries the nutrients and oxygen to your capillaries to the tissues of your body. An arteriovenous fistula flows directly from your artery to the veins, and tissue below the capillaries receive diminished blood supply.
- Cavernous malformations : It is a collection of small blood vessels in the central nervous system enlarged in size. In cavernous malformations, your blood vessel wall gets thinner than usual, which is less elastic and may leak. It can happen anywhere in your body. The symptoms are visible when it occurs in the brain and spinal cord.
- Moyamoya disease : Moyamoya is a rare but progressive blood vessel disorder; the carotid artery gets blocked or reduces the flow of blood to your brain. In an attempt to supply the blood to the brain, the tiny nerves open at the base of the brain. When these small clusters of the blood vessels cannot deliver oxygen-rich blood to the brain, it may result in temporary and permanent brain surgery.
Neurovascular Diseases Treatment & Cost in India.
- Microsurgery:Microsurgery is vascular neurosurgery performed with an operating microscope. Treatments of Neurovascular Diseases can be done with traditional and microscopic surgery methods. This type of surgery involves great hand-eye concentration and coordination.
- Endovascular surgery is another type of vascular neurosurgery that is minimally invasive surgery to treat the affected blood vessels, such as brain aneurysms (ballooning of the blood vessels). In the treatments of neurovascular diseases, It requires a small incision, and a catheter is inserted into the artery through the groin area and guided to the brain. Less pain, shorter hospital stays and lower chances of complications than traditional method surgery are some of the benefits of this procedure.
- Radiosurgery:This surgery is performed using radiation therapy. Gamma knife is used to incision radiation beams to the affected area to treat brain disorders. The treatment of neurovascular disease using radiosurgery is considered an effective and trusted form of treatment.
- Medications:Medication helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure and reduce your risk of blood clotting.
Cost of Vascular Neurosurgery in Gurgaon, India.
The cost of vascular neurosurgery in Gurgaon, India depends on the abnormality of the blood vessels. The cost of vascular neurosurgery in Gurgaon, India varies with the type of treatment for neurovascular diseases. However, you can contact us to know the charges of your treatment.
Dr. (Prof.) Sumit Sinha is one of the best vascular neurosurgeons in Gurgaon (India). He has approx 17 years of experience in the field of Neurosurgery. He is also one of the most awarded brain surgeons/ doctors in Gurgaon. Your search for the best doctor of the brain in Gurgaon, India ends here. Please get in touch with us.